Should a flap of skin in the inner cheek after an injury be removed?

..hello my daughter bit the inside of her cheek and now it is swollen with little flap. Will the flap have to be removed? It isn't flapping or moving but rather a swollen little piece protruding
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your daughter have bit the inside of her cheek and due to mucosal injury there is swelling, pain and a swollen little flap.
Do not worry as it will gradually heal in about a week.
If it is painful apply Lidocaine gel over it.
Sucking ice can help in reducing inflammation.
Feed with cool and bland fluids and avoid spicy and hard foods.
In case if it does not improve in a week consult an Oral Physician and get him checked.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Honey Arora