Should Cephalexin or Clindamycin be taken for a gum infection?

I tried togetsomething stuck between my teeth with a dental implement and now have an infection above the tooth . I have cephalexin 500 mg and clinamycin 300 mg left over from a year ago which one should I take ? I have no insurance and can not afford to see someone .
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Augmentin or Amoxycillin works best for gum infections. If you have Clindamycin-300 then you can take it orally 6 hourly. It will work. You should rinse your mouth after each time you take food. Use mouth wash like Listerine and take care of your oral hygiene.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.