Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Red, watery eyes after trauma, on zyrtec, strong pain medicines. Suggestions?

my wifes eyes water all the time. she takes zyrtec 10 mg for a year and eyes still water. we live in mid tn. with or with out make up . stays in house most of time with air on. no plants in house but has a yorkie that sleeps with her . around her eyes looks reddish and gray . this seems to have started after a bad auto accident and she takes strong pain meds . the accident happened in 2005. thank you
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Watery eyes following trauma may be because of injury to the tear draining tract in the eye if the injury what she had suffered was involving the area near the medial side of the nose.
The treatment of the condition is by antibiotic eye drops and she need evaluation by a ophthalmologist to find out the cause for watering as many causes lead to the watering symptom.
Thank you
Answered: Fri, 23 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor