Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Pain in eye, suggested glasses. Will the power increase with age, how can normal vision be achieved?

My daughter who is 7 year old was complaining about pain in the eye. We showed her to an ophthalmologist . He did some test and said there is problem in the eye and suggested to wear glasses. She has +1.0 in left eye and +1.25 in the right eye. My question is will this power increases with her age. Is there anything that can be done to regain her normal vision . I mean can she see without her glasses. Please advise. Thanks & Regards,
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Your daughter is having refractive error, hypermetropia. The refractive power is +1.0 and +1.25 in left eye and right eye respectively.
The refractive power is known to increase in children because of increase in the axial length of the eye ball. Hence he should get his eyes checked once in 6 months to one year to change the glass if there is any increase in the refractive power.
Thank you
Answered: Fri, 16 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor