Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

My eye power is as such: left -0.75sph/-0.5cy and right eye -1sph and 0cy. Can I get it examined and fixed?

I have an eye power of
left eye:-0.75sph and -0.5 cy
right eye: -1 sph and 0 cy

i want to apply for an examination. could you let me know if i am eligible. criteria is given below:

6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other, correctable to 6/6 only for hypermetropia. ) Manifest Hypermetropia must not exceed +2.0D Sph, Myopia – Nil and Astigmatism +0.75 D Cyl (within +2.0 D – Max)
Near Vision N-5 each eye.
Color Vision CP-1(ML T).
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
If it's not for army, the other jobs accept the best corrected vision as 6/6 with correction and normal color vision.
But your criteria says only hypermetropia & hypermetropic astigmatism(not myopia or myopic astigmatism) is acceptable...In that case, you are not eligible because you are myopic with myopic astigmatism.
Answered: Fri, 3 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor