Is severe weakness on the left side of the body while suffering from mononucleosis a symptom of multiple sclerosis?

My son who is 25 was diagnosed with mono. This also seemed to affect his liver functions which we were told was normal. He is also experiencing intermittent left side weakness. He is very concerned that he may have MS. His Neurologist scheduled him for an MRI this Saturday because he failed a very small portion of her testing on his left foot. Is it possible that this could be MS?
Tue, 11 Sep 2018

Consult a neurologist and get evaluated. The symptoms do not fit to the diagnosis of MS.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician