Is bladder infection possible while on Doxycycline?

I am currently taking Doxcycline Hyclate 100 mg twice a day for an UTI. This is day 5 on the medicine and now I feel like I am getting a bladder infection. Is it possible to get that while taking this medicine? I am having the frequent urination and when I go there is not much there and feels like a am full.
Fri, 29 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
It is possible to have UTI even if you are using doxocycline.
Maybe you are having a doxocycline resistant Infection.
You should do a uroculture to see which antibiotic works best for your infection.
Meanwhile take ibuprofen for pain.
Drink lots of cranberry juice and tea.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.