Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

I have severe pain after root canal. Can any online doctor please suggest

I have a tooth having treated root canal since ten years ago but without cap. A few moths ago the part of the tooth got broken and now severe pain started. Can you pl. suggest any medicine before visiting a docor
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dentist 's  Response
When you had undergone root canal of your tooth your dentist must have suggested to get a crown done over it. A root canal tooth has no blood supply and hence it becomes brittle and is not able to withstand the masticatory forces. Contact your dentist and he will do the needful treatment.
Answered: Mon, 4 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
always its best to cap the rct treated teeth since the vital parts of the tooth are removed it becomes brittle so it cant resist little heavy forces and tends to break. so go for a cap to make your RCT efficient. for now visit your dentist to asses the condition of remaining painful teeth. take care.
Answered: Mon, 25 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, you can take Tab Aceclo Plus or Tab Ketorol 10mg for immediate relief before visiting a dentist. Caps are always placed to prevent breaking of the teeth after root canal treatment. Please do get caps placed immediately if ever you get a root canal treatment done again. Take care!
Answered: Tue, 8 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor