How to treat UTI?

i m 4 weeks pregnant, and diagnosed with UTI 4 days back, my pus cells came to be between18-20/hpf and urine culture report is awaited. after the diagnosis i have increased my fluid intake to 3-4 ltrs and i feel much better now as there are no more blood drops in urine for the last 3 days, burning sensation has decreased, i m able to hold the urine as normally i used to, and only sometimes have the urgency to urinate. my concern is should i really take antibiotics (which i dont want to ) or continue with the increased fluid intake and things will come to normal?
Wed, 15 May 2019

As per your history, it may be urinary tract infection.

For further assessment, you may require urine analysis, complete hemogram, ultrasound abdomen after physician consultation.

Till then you can take tablet acetaminophen for pain, syp cital. Keep your self hydrated.

You may require antibiotics like nitrofurontoin after physician opinion and as per culture report.

Hope I have answered your query and let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shyam B. Kale, General & Family Physician