How important is to have the surgery of umbilical abscess with urgent care?

I have been to the hospital 3 or 4 times over an umbilical abcess. Each visit, I habe recieved antibiotics and been told they re trying to make it scar up. I know that most abcesses receive incision and drainage but mine is more complicated as it is literally underneath my belly button. The last time I went to the hospital, I was told that there was no infection present around the sac at the time as I had drainage through my belly button days before. The problem is, though, it reoccurs. It will swell up every few days, drain for a day or so, then become smaller until it repeats the process. I am uninsured so I have racked up a bill that is pretty high but I was told during last visit that I may need to see a general surgeon to have it removed. My questions are, is this dangerous to have without immediate care? What should my next step be, as in how do I set up seeing a surgeon? Can I see one without insurance? Thanks for your time
Fri, 29 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your long complicated history of abces is ata point where antibiotics and drenage can't help. You should absolutely find a general surgeon to drain and reconstruct it.
* It is dangerous if you dont see surgeon immediately because it will be repeated.
* First you will meet family physician and he
will send you to surgeon.
*I think you can't find surgeon without insurance or it will cost a lot if you do.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
General & Family Physician Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 's  Response
* It is dangerous if you don't seek imediate care because it has tendency to be repeated and with all failed antibiotic uses and drenage, the only solution is surgery.
* first step you should see a family doctor then he will send you to surgeon.
*It is difficult to find a surgeon without insurance or it will cost a lot of money.