How can recurrent staph infection be treated?

Hi, I’ve been getting extremely painful boils for the past 2 or 3 years now and they were always diagnosed as a staph infection. I was on multiple antibiotics but none of them seemed to work so my doctors tested me for mrsa but the tests came back negative. None of the antibiotics I’ve been on have done anything for me and I’ve tried at least 10 different kinds. My doctor always says we should just drain it but that is accompanied by excruciating pain and it isn’t helping my problem long term at all. I was just wondering if there is anything else it could be and what treatment I should look into.
Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Recurrent staph infection are no very uncommon, this is because there is a hidden source like if it colonizes the nose. This can be treated with a prolonged course of antibiotics ( up to 6 weeks ) to eradicate the source. I would also you should rule our diabetes , as it predisposes to it.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.