How can chills and fever along with backache be treated?

My 41-year-old son is having chills, fever (100.8), and severe back pain in the mid area of back. Mostly on his left side (from his point of view), although pain has moved slightly to the right at times. This has been happening since Wednesday night. Aspirin and NSAIDS don t seem to be working for the pain.
Tue, 17 Jul 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

According to the history he should do a chest X-ray and some blood tests such as Hemogram and CRP for infection. Please discuss with his doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Jolanda