How can cataract in the left eye be treated?

I have cataracts. The worst in the left eye. Surgery will have to wait until sugar levels are normal. I am 65 years old. Depression & anxiety don t help (take Zoloff and see psychologist, frequently). Frustrated. Difficult to read, unless I put a lamp directly over the paper/book. Decided to retire in 7 months even though I like my job. More anxiety. Comfort foods. Vicious circle.
Fri, 20 Jul 2018
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You get your surgery done sir. It's a relatively safe surgery and needs twenty minutes in expert hands.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.