Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Hit lower stomach. Was bruised. What is the knot there?

Hello. Last Monday my son, which is 6yrs old, fell on scooter and hit is left lower stomach on the round end of the bar. It almost instintly bruised. It is a round bruise, which was real dark. He said it does not hurt now only if you push on it. It looks lighter now, but I rubbed my fingers across it and it feels like there is a knot there. Should I have him checked out? He says it does not hurt only if you push it. Thank you for our help. Wendy M.
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  166
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Wendy,

Please take him to a General surgeon and get him examined. Any trauma to the abdomen can cause a blunt injury to the internal abdominal organs specially the spleen.

An ultrasound scan of the abdomen will rule out any possibilities like this and can be managed accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Answered: Sun, 5 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor