Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Have a small square shaped mark on left eyelid. Advised to use warm compresses. Is it allergy?

Hi I have a small square shaped mark on my upper left eyelid near the brow, along with that it appears that the skin on my eyelid is bunching along with twitching in the left eye. I visited my eye doctor last may and wad told I have a lot of oil in my eyes and was instructed to use warm compresses. There is some pressure along the left side of my nose and I suffer from allergies.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HCM.
The mark which you have may be a small swelling because of the retention of oily secretions in the eye. Warm compresses will definitely help to improve the condition.
Allergy generally causes itching and burning sensation and irritation of eyes.
If you have these symptoms you can just do some cold compresses or simply wash your eyes with cold water.
Hope this will help you..
Answered: Fri, 26 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor