Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Does Farsightedness in children get cured with growth ?

Dear Sir: My daughter is 4.5 years older and we came to know 2 days before that she has power in right eye +4.5 and left eye +5. Is this power is very much. What is the chances to get corrected by growing age.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  174
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
It doesnt get corrected with age. Howevr it can get worse with age and growth.

Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
Ophthalmologist Dr. N. K. Misra's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic portal
there are two aspects,one with the natural course of growth + powers keep on decreasing, two one of the eyes with a higher power develops less so you land up with hypermetropic amblyopia,which has to be treated vigorously and at this age gives very good results,for this you have to contact an orthoptic clinic in your area as the treatment is prolong
Answered: Wed, 16 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor