Do swelling near the incision after removal of appendix and stabbing pain in the lower abdomen need immediate medical attention?

Hello, I am a 20 year old female and have been getting stabbing pains on the lower right side of my abdomen everyday for about 4 weeks now. I know it cant be my appendix for it was removed in 2010. I have noticed that above the scar of my appendix removal the area seems risen, and beneath the scar the area is flat. Should i be worried and seek further help?
Sat, 22 Jun 2019

Noted the history of appendectomy in 2010, but there is now pain in the scar which is elevated.
This can happen due to the following reasons as per the short history that you have provided.
Incisional hernia that can develop in the scar, this may be the reason for elevation and the hernia causing compression or stretching over a nerve that gets you the sharp pains.
Hence I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Consult a General Surgeon for clinical examination, see for cough reflex that is whether the scar elevates or the lump enlarges on coughing and is reducible, this confirms that this is a hernia and needs surgery.
Also needed is to see for the nerve that is affected and to get it free for the pain to be controlled.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T Chandrakant, ENT & General Surgeon