Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Child got squint in left eye, diagnosed with high power, small eye ball, advised glasses. Will power get reduced by glasses?

Good Evening Doctor, My daughter is 3 1/4 yrs old. Her vision was normal since birth, after 1 1/2 yrs she got squint in left eye alone (inward). We consulted an opthalmologist now. They said she has a power of +8 and her eye ball is small. They have given glasses for her to wear all the time. and asked to come for check up after a month. Can this power be reduced wearing glasses, please advise
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hi, welcome to HCM, I am Dr Das
First of all you should know that glass cannot reduce the power , but it prevents it from get increased, provided that your daughter wear it every time.
So, as a father you ensure that she has wear it everytime.
But don't get depressed there are many modern treatmentmodalities which will reduce power but it will be done after a certain ag.
Answered: Mon, 8 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor