Can shoes cause feet to swell?

.My foot started to itch right on the arch of my foot. The spot got a little red and i thought it was a bug bite. But then it swelled up more and now it feels like i may have worked that muscle too hard and it swelled up. It doesn t hurt at all but it kinda feels like a swelled muscle. I work at a daycare and instead of wearing sneakers i wore Nike slide on shoes. And my feet were killing me by the end of the night. Could that be why my foot is swelled?
Sat, 25 Aug 2018

You are having bug bite history as per mentioned in question. The swelling can occur because of inflammation induced by insect bite. Local any sting if present, it should be removed. You can be prescribed antihistaminic drug like Levocetrizine for symptomatic relief. Ice can be applied to relieve pain and inflammation. I suggest you consult dermatologist for examination and get prescription.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.