Can chlamydia lay dormant?

Can chlamydia lay dormant? Ive been with my partner 2 years. I have had 3 tests in the past 2 years which all came back as negative for chlamydia. But then recently found out i had it due to my partner producing a posative test. I had been getting stomach pains for 3 months since having the anti biotics they have gone. So did i have chlamydia for 2 years and produce 3 false negative tests?
Thu, 14 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Chlamydia can lay dormant from months upto years. In my opinion, it is difficult to say for you that you have had Chlamydia because it is very unlikely 3 false negative test results. Chlamydia test usually be positive after 1 week of exposure. In my opinion, it is more likely that you might get infected by your partner. It is advisable to consult your doctor to define line of treatment for you. Use of condom is strongly advisable to prevent spread of infection.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Suraj Khandhedia