yes. After a terrible cold in November I lost my

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Wed, 28 Mar 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: yes.
After a terrible cold in November I lost my sense of smell and taste. Will they ever come back?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
A number of causes

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but this could be due to a number of causes including nasal congestion which can be relieved by nasal decongestants or it could be due to the development of nasal polyps that needs to be removed.
Another cause is age-related loss of sense of taste and smell which can be improved by oral prednisone or cortisone based nasal sprays.. you should know that complete recovery may not be achieved in all cases. I hope you find helpful.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana