will major depression cause neurological symptoms? i cant function, confusion,

Question
will major depression cause neurological symptoms? i cant function, confusion, disoriented feeling and confusion I don't feel like myself and also experiencing derealization and depersonalization? feeling of dying and scared of everything.
Tue, 6 Feb 2018 in Relationship

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, they can be caused by depression!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms that you have reported. They can all be provoked and aggravated by depression. I will suggest that you get evaluated and treated adequately for this depression. I will recommend a combination of behavioral therapy alongside potent antidepressant medications. Also, if there are any seriou life challenges you are experiencing at this time, it will be best to state them so that I can propose coping strategies that might be helpful. This often speeds up recovery.

NEVER hurt yourself. If you feel like commiting suicide, kindly dial 911 immediately and get helped. Your life is worth gold.

I look forward hearing from you. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me as you please.