my wife is pregnant with 8 week and 3 days,

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2019 in Pregnancy
Question: my wife is pregnant with 8 week and 3 days, Ultrascan shows its a triplet and its formed in the same sac. Doctors also confirmed the same. In this case there is any possibility to reduce to single baby. Any risk ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Procedure is risky and can cause a complete abortion.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.
Selective abortion of one or two fetuses can be done with the help of ultrasound guided injections but it is a risky and invasive procedure and poses a definite risk to all the babies. It can cause a complete abortion also. It is best to avoid taking such a risk.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad