question-icon

my husband has an asymmentrical prostrate. What are the chances

Posted on Thu, 31 Jan 2019
Question: my husband has an asymmentrical prostrate. What are the chances of prostrate cancel? What is the treatment for this conditions?
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen (29 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
The likelihood of cancer is low

Detailed Answer:
Hi TZentz,

An incidental finding of a probable asymmetrical prostate gland is likely nothing. If your husband is older than 60 years, it is probably a benign enlargement. To be sure, I suggest you have his PSA blood level measured. If this blood marker is elevated, he should be seen by a urologist for a transrectal ultrasound.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon