my friend just can not stop using crack cocaine.he is

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 15 Feb 2019 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question: my friend just can not stop using crack cocaine.he is not willing to go to inpatient treatment,because he hates group therapy.he has been to treatment 3 times and has done over 500 hours of group.he says he has to much money and that when things get tough he will just walk out.do you think that AA or NA works or are there other alternatives.i want to help him but he says that the cravings are so intense being a very heavy user that he just cant stop.do you think that this can be done with a 12 step program alone.he has spent around 300,000 dollars in the last 2 years.please tell me how i can help him please doctor.

Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 4 minutes later
just one last question i have searched on internet for this for ever cant find ansewr .this last few days of using and i swear to god this is no lie i have seen it and felt it.he has gplf ball size bumps in the back of hiss skull and on the sides behind the ears and all his joints are swollen.what in gods name is that.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Although it is very difficult for a heavy user to remain sober but it is never impossible. Crack cocaine causes a sense of severe psychological dependence and little physical dependence, which means that any motivated patient can get rid of it permanently. This is because physical dependence is more problematic for more patients where the patient have little control while the psychological dependence can be taken care by high motivation itself.

Since Narcotics anonymous and AA increase the motivation of individual it is rightly possible that NA can be of much help to your friend provided he is willing it a fair trial.

Regarding your next question I feel they are immunological reaction to Levamisole, an adulterant often found it cocaine samples across United States. It is a kind of protein which causes allergy and lot of medical problems including arthritis.

I hope this answers you.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.