question-icon

i have a red mark like a spot on my

Posted on Sun, 3 Mar 2019
Question: i have a red mark like a spot on my forhead for a couple of year now and it won't go away. It's not painful at all. It looks like there's blood under the skin. What is it and how do I get rid of it?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (42 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Angioma

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have viewed the image and gone through your query.

It seems like a spider angioma or a cherry angioma. It is a collection of small blood vessels. I would suggest a laser for it which would vaporize or burn off the vessels.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist