i have a friend who is addicted to crack cocaine.Very
Rahab centre is the only option for heavy users
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concerns about your friend.
First of all I feel that for a heavy user the risk of relapse is always there and this is more when the person is unsupported environment. In other words it can be said that even after months/years of sobriety patient may relapse anytime who lacks appropriate coping skills to deal with problems of life.
But the rehabilitation centres often equip the person with better coping skills to sail through the problems of life making them the best choice available for persons with substance abuse.
There is no short cut or help available for heavy users other than the rehabilitation. I must acknowledge that the ability to quit without rehabilitation is very low if any and I feel that kind of attempt will lower his self confidence rather than helping him.
I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to have a successful sexual intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
- What causes sensitivity to sun light?
- Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?
- Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?
- What causes erectile dysfuntion?