question-icon

how to treat shoulder pain rleated to gym workout?

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2019
Question: how to treat shoulder pain rleated to gym workout?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (55 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Cold sponging and muscle relaxant will help.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query.I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.
Avoid upper body lifting and apply ice two to three times a day for about 20 minutes. Take anti-inflammatory meds like ibuprofen or naproxen along with thiocholchicoside to relieve pain, especially if your injury is tendinitis-related. Most milder shoulder injuries will resolve with this kind of treatment.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon