hi, just wondering if i should get this mole checked
altered pigmentation due to possible benign condition.
Welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have read your query and evaluated your attached photograph showing the lesion, here is my advise.
* The issue sounds lesion with altered pigmentation due to various reasons, usually a
benign ( non cancerous ) condition.
Kindly provide me further details so that I can answer your query completely regarding
checking out requirement with consultant.
1. Site of the lesion.
2. Duration and progress of the condition.
3. Is there associated itching ?
4. Any alteration in size, shape, color of the lesion since beginning ?
5. Any other body sites having such or other type of lesions ?
Awaiting for your response.
follow up .
Thanks for the relevant details.
* As per the narration, this one also sounds benign in nature as per the previous mole
excised last year.
My guidelines at present
- Keep a watch over the size, color changes of the mole.
- Consult dermatologist in case of increase darkening, raised edges, rapid growth or
unusual bleeding from the mole.
- Avoid prolong period direct sun exposure.
- There is no need of any active intervention at present.
Wish you great day.