hi i have lost a lot of weight post partum

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Fri, 1 Feb 2019 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: hi i have lost a lot of weight post partum from breastfeeding, so my doctor took some blood tests most normal but some not . what do these not normal mean
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
About the investigation results reported;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone through your reports carefully.

The only abnormal result that needs further investigation is a high Protein C reactive that is a marker of inflammation. It means that there is an infection or rheumatological pathology present.

A detailed clinical examination and depending on it further exams will be needed in order to make a proper diagnosis.

The thyroid gland is not the cause of your weight loss.

Hope the information will help. Let me know if I can assist you further...

Best wishes,
Dr.Mirjeta

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Mirjeta Guni 10 minutes later
Ok but it doesnt signal cancer? My doctor Said weight loss could be due to cancer . I have a sore throat for some days could this be the High protein c?
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About protein C reactive;

Detailed Answer:
Yes, sore throat can cause a high protein C reactive. That is why clinical examination and history are very important to interpret it.

In some malignant pathologies it can also be increased but taking consideration of your age, I would look for inflammatory diseases rather than any cancer with weight loss.

Dr.Mirjeta