hi i have lost a lot of weight post partum
About the investigation results reported;
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone through your reports carefully.
The only abnormal result that needs further investigation is a high Protein C reactive that is a marker of inflammation. It means that there is an infection or rheumatological pathology present.
A detailed clinical examination and depending on it further exams will be needed in order to make a proper diagnosis.
The thyroid gland is not the cause of your weight loss.
Hope the information will help. Let me know if I can assist you further...
About protein C reactive;
Yes, sore throat can cause a high protein C reactive. That is why clinical examination and history are very important to interpret it.
In some malignant pathologies it can also be increased but taking consideration of your age, I would look for inflammatory diseases rather than any cancer with weight loss.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?