hi I lost the paper with instructions for colonoscopy preparation

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Tue, 12 Mar 2019 in Cancer
Question: hi I lost the paper with instructions for colonoscopy preparation and I cannot reach the gastroenterologist . I have the two medicines that he prescribed miralax polyethylene glycol 3350 which is 8.3 oz and bisacodyl dulcolax 5 mg tablet that has 10 tablets inside. My colonoscopy is in two days and I am supposed to start my prep tomorrow but i lost the paper with instructions on how often to take each one and when to take it. Can a gastroenterologist here help me with the bleep cleaning regimen instructions for these two medicines that i have? How often and how many of each do I need to drink?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Take medicines a night prior to colonoscopy

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. So, suppose you are posted for colonoscopy on 17 of morning, you take these drugs on 16 evening after dinner at around 8 pm.

Mix miralax in 2 litres of water. You can add some lemon juice for taste. Drink 200 ml every 20 min till you drink whole of it. Take bisacodyl tablet as well.
You will have loose stools after 3 to 4 hours starting it.
You should have 8 to 10 loose watery stools followed by light greenish watery stool.
You can drink clear lemon water if you feel dehydrated. No other meals or solid meals allowed till you have colonoscopy in the morning.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj