hello, I have had skid marks in my underwear for

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 4 Apr 2019 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: hello, I have had skid marks in my underwear for about 6months or so. i am current w/colonospys and exams. am very careful to wipe alot
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Keep the area dry by using powder.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing 'Ask a Doctor' service for query,

Solid feces usually exit our anus with little or no residue for us to wipe unlike soft sticky poop which cause us to wipe several times .Skid marks could be suggestive of fecal incontinence in which there is some problem with nerves controlling the tight anal sphincter or muscles of anal sphincter which fails to close causing dark marks of stools.
However in case marks are a bit reddish in colors it could be suggestive of presence of hemorrhoids or any other and rectal pathology.
Suggestion-

Get your another rectal canal initially get examined by an MD.By inserting Proctoscopic he would look for any pathology like hemorrhoid etc.
Digital rectal examination would help to feel the pressure and activity of ano rectal canal.

Further colonoscopy is planned and would ultimately reveal the cause of problem.

Had your MD examined you?
What he/she suggested?
Color of mark?

please reply.
waiting.
Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj