Yesterday I had a severe leg cramp. This AM it

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
Yesterday I had a severe leg cramp. This AM it is swollen , and there is a black and blue spot there. Could it be an embolism- I have CHF?
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Veins and Arteries

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs urgent evaluation and investigations for proper diagnosis management.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
It can be DVT that is deep venous thrombosis if the swelling in only in calf - with the history you have provided.
Is the swelling in the whole lower limb below knee?
Please post photos.
And most important to go to ER to have urgent Ultrasonography and color doppler of the affected limb, cardiac evaluation, tests of blood and get started on an appropriate management.

Please give feedback.

Follow-up: Yesterday I had a severe leg cramp. This AM it 1 hour later
Thanks for the e.mail.We are in touch with our PC and cardiologists at Mt.Auburn Hospiral.this is just a friendly note to tell you that my husband XXXXXXX is an Astrophysicist (look him up on Wikipedia) and we had a fine friend,now deceased, called Subramanan CHANDRASAKAR, another noted person,for sure! He won the Nobel Prize,in fact.The names prompted this note.Sincerely XXXXXXX G. Field.

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Great to know

Detailed Answer:
Oh, great to know.
Read on Wiki.
Take care, please let me know the follow up.
With Regards.