Would increasing Anafranil dosage lead to excessive sweating?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hello, I'm taking 600mg of Lithium and 50mg of Anafranil. My Dr. gave me a prescription for 75mg of anafranil that she said I could start. I'm sweating on the 50mg of anafranil and am wondering how likely that it will get worse on the 75mg. Thank you!
Mon, 28 May 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Very likely

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Anafranil is well known cause for increased sweating and to great extent the particular side effect is dose dependent. Considering this fact there is good possibility that sweating will either continue with 75 mg or may increase with higher dose of anafranil.

I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.