Will taking boiled eggs in morning helps reducing body weight for children?
Can children have boiled egg daily for 5 days/week?
Thank You For posting the query.
Eggs are XXXXXXX in complex proteins of good quality and require longer time for their digestion as compared to carbohydrates. It’s, therefore, believed that taking eggs for breakfast would help in reducing weight, since they keep you full for a longer time.This also holds true for other protein XXXXXXX foods like low fat cheese, milk and nuts. However , Eggs are also XXXXXXX in cholesterol. Consuming too much of these would result in elevated blood cholesterol levels.
You may include the egg whites in your child’s daily diet to support the protein requirements, but it’s advised to limit the intake of egg yolk to 2-3 times a week only. Prefer the low fat preparations and maintain variety, so that children do not lose interest in food.
Regular physical activities are also important, even for children. Encourage them to go out and get involved in outdoor sports. This would help them use the dietary protein for muscle building.
Hope this helps.
But I want to know one more thing:
1."As per your advice, If I give her egg white for 2 days a week and whole egg (white+yolk) 3 days a week. DOes this reduce her weight.
2.Also, can you suggest what are the healthy breakfasts that we can give to school goind kids (4 yrs).
3.If they are having Idli/Dosa, how many idlis are ideal for their age?
4.What is the ideal frequency of serving XXXXXXX per week?
Please clarify the above.
Thanks in Advance.
Eggs do not have a direct contribution to weight loss. Its just that being XXXXXXX in complex proteins they keep the stomach full for a longer time and help to avoid overeating. If the child is in normal weight range it is not going to affect the weight much but would help in achieving the muscle development goal. Since kids are generally involved in regular physical activities in the form of sports. Egg is to be restricted to calculate amounts to avoid excessive cholesterol intake.
School going kids require a combination of all nutrients, therefore remember to maintain variety in their breakfast menu. For example, keep the options open for vegetable XXXXXXX pasta or a wheat bread burger with vegetables along with the traditional breakfast items like idli, poha, Pongal,or dosa. You may also try vegetable sandwich or grilled paneer sandwiches.
Try stuffed chapatti and paneer preparations etc. with a glass of skimmed milk or buttermilk, depending on the weather.
For a 4 year old child 2 small idli or the plain dosa with dal or sambhar with sambhar (1 cup) and milk are sufficient.
Maggie may be given as an evening snack, add a lot of vegetables to it and choose the multi-grain varieties. Aviod replacing the main meals with maggie etc.
Hope this helps,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does weight lifting helps in gaining mascular body
- Would liposuction help me in reduce body weight
- How to reduce body weight
- How should i reduce my body weight
- How to reduce body fat without losing weight
- Boiled egg increases body temperature
- Jaiphal reduces body weight
- Hookah reduces body weight
- Homeo medicine for reducing belly fat and body weight
- Will electral powder reduce body weight
- Suggest a vegetarian diet plan to reduce weight?
- Need diet plan for weight reduction. What should be the goals?
- Diagnosed with PCOD. Need to lose weight. Suggest diet plan
- Started going to gym to reduce fat and build muscles. Need suggestions...
- Any vegetarian diet plan to reduce weight?
- Have bloating problem. Endoscopy done. What diet and precaution should I...
- According to body mass index I am overweight. How to reduce weight?
- What protein diet should I take for body building?
- Over weight by 40 kg. How to loose weight fast with veg diet?
- Breastfeeding, planning to opt for diet. Is it advisable?