question-icon

Why does the inside of my nose hurt so bad?

Posted on Tue, 12 Jun 2018
Question: Yes, the inside of my nose has become sore and I don't have a cold. I've been using a saline solution to relieve the pain but what else can I do without seeing my ENT?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
topical nasal steroids, oral anti inflammatory, oral decongestant/anti hist

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The saline solution is a very good choice to help deal with your discomfort.

In addition to this you may want to also consider trying --(1)oral antihistamine decongestant even with no congestion, the decongestant would reduce any swelling of the turbinates of the nose which would help ease the pain

(2)oral anti inflammatory medication , this would help with pain relief and also reduce any inflammation in the nasal lining. eg naproxen, ibuprofen, cataflam etc

(3)topical steroid spray eg nasonex, nasocort, flonase

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Dr. Michelle Gibson James