question-icon

Whom to consult for treatment after knee replacements?

Posted on Wed, 4 Feb 2015
Question: I have several problems with my health ! I am not sure what kind of doctor should I look for now. I am thinking Internal medicine. I need to find a doctor in El Centro Calif. I have had knee replacements but get staph infections at least 8 times. I have had several pic lines which they have required in hospital up to 6 weeks!
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal (7 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
needs an infection specialist

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I'm Dr Mittal.
I have read your query.
I think I would be able to help you.

I think I would suggest that you meet a infection specialist. I feel there is a possibility that the surgery has become a source of infection.

I think therefore that you need to meet a infection specialist.

I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information helps you. Please feel free to contact us for more information. Best of luck. Dr Mittal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist