Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

White circle on the inside of the mouth. Reason?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1975
Answered : 1329 Questions
hi, i have a white circle on the inside of my mouth (left cheek at rear of back teeth) when i say white circle i mean it looks the normal inside mouth colour on the inner part of the circle...hope thats clear...
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
This is a common condition and occurs due to a little overgrowth of the tissue in the inner cheek. This occurs as a result of the irritation by things we eat. Normally it goes away on its own, so don't worry unduly.
Sometimes, sharp teeth may also cause the problem. I would like to enquire whether the teeth adjacent feel sharp? If so, filing them will help. Gargling regularly with alum water may also help.

But at any time you feel this turning greyish or increasing in size, do not ignore it and consult your doctor.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.
Do get back if you have follow up questions and wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor