Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Which type of doctor should I consult to address anal stenosis concerns?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 126 Questions
what type of doctor should i visit to address anal stenosis concerns?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 15 minutes later

General Surgeon (M.S.General Surgery) would be the right specialist to address Anal Stenosis.

Anal Stenosis could be a possible complication of hemorrhoidectomy which you underwent a year ago.

So you may require an local examination and proctoscopic examination. Following which you will advised about the various anal dilatation procedures.

I hope my answer has been adequate and informative. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor