Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Which medicine can I take for high fever?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
I have 102 feever. Which medicine can I take?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

A temperature of 102 F is regarded as high grade temperature. In practice we first physically examine and investigate further with basic tests to know the reason for high temperature.

Commonly a person who suffers with simple viral illness can run such high temperatures. In such a case, we treat symptoms alone. If you have a person suffering from viral illness in the neighborhood then there is a high possibility that you acquire it too.

You can follow these recommendations for 48 hours:
1) Tepid water sponging
2) Tab CROCIN Advance, three times a day after meal. It is available over the counter, without a prescription from the doctor.
3) Rest for 48 hours.
4) Sip warm fluids and hydrate well.
5) Easily digestible food is advised. E.g: Milk, Bread, Yogurt and boiled rice

Please visit a local doctor if
1) The temperature does not drop even after intake of CROCIN
2) The temperature persists for more than 48 hours with medicine

Hope this helps. I will be available for any follow up questions.

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor