Which drug has less side effects than Omeprazole?
Have gone through your details and I appreciate your concerns.
As per your query answer is-
H2 blockers like Ranitidine or Famotidine has less side effects as compared to proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole. It block the action of histamine at the histamine H₂ receptors of the parietal cells in the stomach hence overproduction of acid is reduced.
However efficiency of H2 blocker in controlling the symptoms is also less as compared to proton pump inhibitors.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Omeprazole side effects liver
- Omeprazole rare side effects
- Omeprazole tablets side effects
- Omeprazole side effects and cautions
- Omeprazole side effects bloating
- Omeprazole capsules side effects
- Possible side effects of omeprazole
- Side effects of prilosec omeprazole
- Omeprazole drug interactions side effects
- Is constipation a side effect of omeprazole?