Whenever I urinate at age 80, my legs from top
Need to rule out urinary infection
Thank you for asking at "Ask a Doctor" service.
I carefully went through your query. The symptoms you describe with burning in your extremities is very unusual with urination. I would like to ask few more questions to make sure if you are having any urinary infection:
- do you have burning at the genital area and low abdomen when you urinate?
- do you have frequency in urination or getting up at night?
- do you have any back pain?
- do you have any fever?
- do you have any itchiness in the genital area or increased white thick secretions?
- does the burning of your feet and arms last after you finish urinating?
Please copy my questions and paste them to your reply and answer underneath each question so you do not miss any of them.
I think it is important to rule out a urinary infection because in elderly urinary infection might present with atypical symptoms. A prolapsed bladder increases the risk for urinary infection as well. Having a urinalysis will be the best way to rule a urinary infection. If you have itchiness in the genital area a local yeast infection might be considered as well and local anti-fungal cream twice a day for 10 days might be of help (if you have not used the treatment for yeast infection yet it might be good to try it).
Meanwhile you will need to drink plenty of fluids (at least 8 glasses a water a day) to flush the urinary system and help clear any possible infection. If infection is present antibiotics are needed to cure it. You will need a doctor's prescription if antibiotics are needed.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Antoneta Zotaj,
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- is it hpv?
- I am 77 years old and one breast is very
- I felt a sudden sharp pain in my inside wrist
- Is there a sleeping aid that I can use with
- Hi, I have been having acne problems for the past
- Can you look at the results of a stool test
- Hi my names is Isabel I’m 24 years old and
- I have had bladder infection after bladder infection on going
- Where can I find a doctor who will test and
- Feeling weak for about a week ! Why ?