Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What treatment should be done for pain in penis and testicles?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10344 Questions
my son is complaining that his penis is aching at the base and also his testicles
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Actually there are many causes for painful penis and testicles in children.
First cause is Trauma to penis-- In this case , it is the most likely cause. Ask the child about any such history.
Second cause is -- hormonal imbalance-- Not likely in children.
Excessive masturbation-- again NO.
Another common cause is Stress.
Another possible cause may be inflammation of penile mucosa and other structures like corpus spongiosum.
What to do now--
First of all try to find out the cause of the problem by yourself, then consult a urologist for expert management of case.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor