What precautions need to be taken for feeding formula milk to a 2 month old baby?
Try to switch back to breast milk. This is the best precaution.
I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. Let me emphasize on the fact that breast milk is the best possible milk for a baby and there can be no alternatives for the same. Most formula milks are cow milk based and hence difficult to digest. Moreover they make the child more prone to complications and infections. Mother's breast milk is produced on the demand of the baby. Hungrier the baby, more vigorous is the suck. More is the suck, more is the amount of breast milk produced. Giving formula automatically reduces the demand of the baby and thereby the production of breast milk. All you need to do is to switch back to exclusive breast feeding and the production will increase automatically. All you need to do is to monitor the urine output. If the frequency is more than 6 times in 24 hours, you would know that the amount of feeding is adequate. If the amount of passage of urine is less or if the child is lethargic you would need to take the child to a doctor without delay.
Breast milk also takes care of immunity against common ailments like cough and cold, and diarrhea. So, automatically your worries would be reduced. As such, you have to depend on non-touch technique (avoiding touching the nipple) when you use a bottle. But no matter how much precaution you take with respect to the bottle and nipple, they would still be liable to contamination and would make the child vulnerable to recurrent gastrointestinal infections. Bottle feeds should therefore better be avoided.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- G6pd formula milk for 6 months old baby
- Need advice on feeding schedule of six month old baby
- Baby not breastfeeding stopped taking formula milk feeding cerelac reason
- Lactogen milk formula for 7month old baby
- Packet milk or formula for 6 month old baby
- Can i feed cow milk formula to my baby
- What to feed for 6 month baby
- Breast feeding three month old best formula to introduce
- Can i feed nido powder milk to a three month old baby
- What precautions needs to be taken during menopause
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever