question-icon

What medicine shall I take for in complete urination?I am

Posted on Thu, 28 Mar 2019
Question: What medicine shall I take for in complete urination?I am 59 years old Male..

Urimax..4 more than three weeks taken but not of much help.
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
it's important to find out the exact cause behind incomplete urination...

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service...
I've gone through your query in details...
I can understand your concerns...

Considering your age, it needs to be determined whether it's because of Prostate enlargement or due to some other reasons...

To diagnose this specifically, I'd first suggest you undergo a few specific investigations... Serum PSA, Urine routine microscopy, Uroflowmetry study and a USG abdomen with KUB+Prostate+PVRU should be done to look into it in details...

Management can be modified based on the findings...Since the problem is persisting despite Urimax, another medication i.e. Silodosin/Silodal can be started thereafter (the initial dosage is 4mg once daily at night but can be increased to 8mg based on the response)...

Please discuss these with your doctor before deciding on the further course of actions and proceed accordingly...

Let me know if I can assist you further...

Wish you good health...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist