question-icon

What medication for neonatal acne all over the face and head of an infant?

Posted on Wed, 12 May 2021
Question: Hello doctor! I want to ask something about my 3 week old doughter. She has some tiny puffs with a little puss in all the face. last week I asked the pediatrian and she told me to wash with water. The puffs have spread all over the face and in the head. Do you give me some advice? I am attaching the photo. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Dr. Kakkar (11 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your noted your concern.
Perhaps it is erythema toxicum neonatorum (ETN). However, unfortunately I have not received any images. I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected areas in "Reports Section" so that I am able to have a look and guide you better.

Follow up: Dr. Dr. Kakkar (12 minutes later)
thank you doctor! I cant upload here the photos so I sent them by email. I hope it is ok. It seems like folliculities.
Answered by Dr. Dr. Kakkar (17 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Neonatal acne

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
Seems like neonatal acne. I suggest you to apply Clindamycin 1 % gel, twice daily. Apply it only over acne.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist