question-icon

What makes one directionless or feeling lost?

Posted on Wed, 11 May 2016
Question: my life is so boring. I don't know why I just exist anymore.
Answered by Dr. Sonia Raina (55 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Stay focused, start a new hobby, spend time with loved ones

Detailed Answer:
Hello, greetings!
Thanks for posting your query on hcm.
I can understand that you are feeling lost and are questioning your purpose of existence.
I assure that most of us feel directionless at one or the other point of time.
The best remedy for this is to find some purpose in life, which makes you feel good about yourself and meaningful.
The first thing you should be doing is finding to do something which captures your interest like getting a hobby for instance.
Think of long last things which you never had the time for earlier.
You may start with gardening, bird watching, engage yourself in something creative like maybe painting or writing poetry.

The most important thing is you don't have to feel this way. You are a self- sufficient, strong and independent woman. Spend time with your family and loved ones. This phase will pass soon. Try to find happiness in even the little things of life.
If you continue feeling this way for long, a few counselling sessions will help you come out of this mental state. You may consider that as an option. If you would like to discuss anything in particular which is nagging you, or if you have any further doubts and queries, you may get back to me.

Dr. Sonia
Dr. Sonia Raina