What is the survival rate when diagnosed with papillary carcinoma?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Sat, 8 Apr 2017 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Hi Doctor , I hope You are doing well . I did my surgery last week for removal thyroid and all lump noude was all benign , I hope u explain further my kasse and is it really difficult to recover because my tomer are caturized and the chance to treat by iodine is not too much . Please advice best regards XXXX
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your condition may only need follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

You have underwent right surgery and this is the ideal protocol for papillary carcinoma.
Your condition may only need follow up,preferably high resolution ultrasound.

In majority of the cases,Up to 85 % cases it is totally curable.
In few cases it may recur,so follow up is advised.

It is good that tumour is confined to thyroid and there are no signs of metastasis.
If tumour is confined to thyroid then only thyroidectomy is required.

So,In short nothing extra is required.You may only need follow up.

Get well soon.

Hope I have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr. Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj