What is the prognosis for Myasthenia Gravis as per the attached reports?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 11 Jan 2019 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Dr. Sharka please:
Good morning. Continuing story on XXXXXXX Abramian - the lady with two cancerous breast tumours. As I
likely mentioned, since starting the breathing routine Dec. 8th., she has had a 97% shrinkage in the tumours.
This past week has been full of surprises. Additional to the cancer, XXXXXXX was diagnosed with Myasthenia
Gravis a couple of years ago. Although she had mentioned muscle problems to me, I thought it was all related to the cancer and chemo. She gave me her link to all her medical records at XXXXXXX XXXXXXX hospital in Toronto. The doctor refers to the Myastenia in his "clinic notes". As you can see from Dec. 8th.
on she has had little or no discomfort from all the chemo. XXXXXXX says her Myasthenia is about 70% improved since Dec. 8th. Would you first look this over and give me your
opinion. Thanks, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

My opinion as follows

Detailed Answer:

It seems that this breathing method has good effects on Myasthenia too.

I can not distinguish if she has Myasthenia gravis or Myasthenia syndrome (which is closely related to breast cancer).

Besides a tumour can lead to increased metabolic state and thus aggravate Myasthenia.

She has been taking steroids too, which may improve Myasthenia.

So, in my opinion, we cannot distinguish if the improvement of Myasthenia is related to tumor improvement and her therapy or directly related to the breathing method.

For this reason, I would recommend using this method in other patients which suffer from Myasthenia and see its real effects.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad