Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What is the lump in my breast that hurts?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 383 Questions
I have severe pain in my right breast. There is a red, deep purple lump right under my nipple. What could this be
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Lump
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely, Breast Abscess..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic..
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough..

Please note..

1. The symptoms that you are explaining goes in favor of Breast Abscess.

2. Severe pain plus signs of inflammation definitely points towards such pathological process.

3. Please, get an Breast Usg, this can tell what exactly lies inside.

4. Also, if it's breast abscess as I feel, better to get it surgically drained as soon as possible.

Hope this helps you..
In case you need further assistance, please contact me directly.
Or, you can close the question and rate..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor